Friday, February 20, 2015

God is There

http://www.artfire.com/uploads/product/5/175/27175/3027175/3027175/large/free_shipping__dandelion_wishes_-_original_black_and_white_fine_art_photograph_-_11_x_14_5148ea5e.jpg




God is There
~ Elianna B. Thorne

I have discovered, as I live on this earth, that God is here, too.
God is in the sunshine and blue sky as I walk outside in the morning.
God is in the water of the river I cross.
“He leads me beside still waters; he restores my soul.” ­Psalm 23:2b-3
God walks beside me as I go through my day, good or bad.
God fills the silence when I am afraid to be alone, or don’t know what to say.

God is there when sadness and helplessness permeate every corner of the space I inhabit.
He never leaves.

“ . . . nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God . . .” Romans 8:39
God is there when I am so frustrated that my shouting drowns out His peace.
God is there when I don’t know what to do with my life.
God is there when I do know what to do, and it scares me.

God holds me when I cry.
Jesus wept.” John 11:35
He comes when I call out to him like a frightened child.
“‘My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?’Matthew 27:46c
God gives me the words to say when I don’t know how or what to pray.
He holds my hand when I fail, again.



God is in the moments when suddenly something goes right for a change.
He triumphs with me when I succeed.
God is in my family and my friends, showing me an unconditional love that I do not have for myself.
God is in the answers He holds for me, if I would only ask Him.
“For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life.” John 3:16

God is there, one step ahead of me, holding my hand.
Always.




No comments:

Post a Comment